AIMIS first supported Ashford Borough Council back in 2020 as they planned for their first BIM enabled construction project.
The now long-term relationship began with training and education of standards relating to BIM, and providing strategic implementation support. AIMIS introduced new processes within the business both for ongoing digital competence and for the project’s specific delivery requirements.
After a series of workshops and individual training sessions, AIMIS focused on developing company specific information requirements in accordance with ISO 19650, ready to implement on the upcoming, and all future projects. This has resulted in a comprehensive set of requirements and project management documentation incorporating:
- Organisational Information Requirements (OIR)
- Asset Information Requirements (AIR)
- Project Information Requirements (PIR) template
- Exchange Information Requirements (EIR) to support project delivery and the asset information model
- Information production methods and procedures
- Project information standard
- BIM Execution Plan template for delivery team completion during tender
- Common Data Environment (CDE) configuration
- Configuration and support of Digital Operation and Maintenance Manuals
By enhancing and fully digitising methods of information receipt and production, and sharing processes within ABC, AIMIS were able to demonstrate the strategic value of digital construction within the Council’s activities, but most importantly, creating scope to adapt and improve with future digital competence and developments.
Before engaging AIMIS, we’d attended various seminars and workshops but they didn’t help us deliver the BIM agenda. We were still missing parts, despite having cascades of information and we didn’t know how to integrate what we had learnt into our working practices. AIMIS’ support and guidance has been imperative to us tackling BIM, we simply couldn’t have done it on our own. By them breaking it all down and putting things in plain language as well as holding our hands through the development of our systems, we’re now in a position of confidence when it comes to liaising with contractors and delivering BIM compliant projects. We’d recommend AIMIS to anyone considering taking this journey